The latest LAMBcast is a long one (close to two hours) so it took me a while to listen and compile my notes. This edition was a "Roll Your Own Top Five" so Jay and I did a Top 5 list of our choosing. We were joined by JD
, and Will
. My list was "Anticipated Foreign Horror Films". The episode's embedded below, followed by said notes. Enjoy, lickspittles!
- Here's the trailer for A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night:
- Highlight: When everyone turns on Will for not liking animated films. Seriously, what company did you think you were in?!
- Jay talks about the old lady in the bathtub in The Shining. Did you know people often used to mistake her for Mel Gibson’s mom? That sounds like a joke, but it's true.
- Highlight at 15:50: “When you’re 15 that’s the kind of scene with a naked girl in the bath that you kind of think, 'Oooh...hello...enjoying this.'”
- Here's the trailer for What We Do In The Shadows:
- Here's the trailer for The Babadook:
- Here's that fabulous poster for Star Crystal, Dave's amazing Alien/E.T. mashup:
- Highlight: When Jay said he hates the bit from Looper, I thought he said "Lupa", and proceeded to search for that film to see what the hell he was talking about. To no avail, of course. Damn British accents.
- Here's the Tech Crunch article about the Netflix API stuff, which mentions A Better Queue. *moment of silence for A Better Queue*
- Jay brought up the Adam Levine/Begin Again/Dave Grohl thing. I did some Googling and found this...
- And here's the CeeLo Green thing I talked about. What a creepy asshole. He's defending Bill Cosby by the way...
- Highlight (of The LAMBcast in general): Will’s confusing Jeff Daniels with Jeff Bridges during Last Lamb Standing.
Post a Comment