Spoilery thoughts are in this post!
So I was watching Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. last night, catching up in order to watch the new episode next week, all so I could catch the world premiere of the first Avengers: Age of Ultron trailer. I was also on Twitter, since I can't stand to be watching just one screen aparently. All of a sudden, people are talking about the Avengers trailer and I realize that it's leaked online. But I refrained from watching the leaked/bootlegged version. I was going to wait until next week.
So I was pleasantly surprised to check Twitter this morning to discover that Marvel went ahead and released the official trailer! Check it out below (like you haven't already).
- Like a lot of folks, I'd been hearing about this trailer (or a version of it) since Comic-Con. It's nice to finally see stuff like Ultron walking in on the party scene and the Hulk throwing the car at Iron Man (in full Hulkbuster armor) and then punching through it. Expectations were basically met there.
- The Pinocchio song is indeed awesome and lends the trailer a disturbing vibe.
- Some cliches: Black Widow saying "Nothing lasts forever.", Scarlet Witch dropping to her knees and screaming, Thor's cape sliding/billowing over to block the background (didn't we just see that in Man of Steel?), Hulk and Iron Man punching each other at the same time (that sort of already happened in The Incredible Hulk between Hulk and The Abomination).
- The party scene is going to be one of the highlights of the film and it's fun seeing a little bit of it here. Check out Thor's crazy red jacket:
- We get a wide shot of the party and I'm wondering who the two mystery women are. It's clear that Black Widow is there but I'm wondering who the other two are. I'd heard that Jane, Natalie Portman's character and Thor's main squeeze, would be there but that she'd be with someone else, the guy she goes on a date with in Thor: The Dark World (Chris O'Dowd from The IT Crowd). At least, I think I remember hearing/reading that. I'm not sure why they'd do that. Maybe Cobie Smulder's character, Maria Hill is also one of them?
|From left to right: Hulk, Black Widow, Mystery Woman 1, Thor, Captain America, Mystery Woman 2, James Rhodes/War Machine/Iron Patriot, Iron Man, Hawkeye|
- Finally, that final shot of Ultron is pretty flippin' badass. I can't wait for May 1st!
What do you think of this trailer?
I said on our show a few months back after hearing audio of the longer trailer that played at SDCC that Spader's voice and delivery of the word "STRINGS!!!!" was gonna be a stand out. This new trailer restructured the dialogue Ultron said in the SDCC trailer to tone down his menace I think.(Yes, he was scarier) The SDCC trailer Ultron calls them all killers. All in All this is gonna spit in the face of critics who say Marvel villains suck.ReplyDelete
I'm stoked to see what Spader has done here, DJ. I've heard the trailer that'll be shown during SHIELD tomorrow will have more footage, and maybe we'll have more of that Ultron stuff you're referring to. Thanks for reading and commenting!Delete